
Muffins are awesome!



Even the wrapper is good!

The Bakery Wave...

Smile! You never know when someone might be taking your picture!

Feet of a Viva student and orphan.

Kids are great both in front and behind the camera--this shot was taken by the older of the two sisters below.

The Muffin Man paid a visit to Viva Village today, thanks to a weekly food donation from Woolworths food market, and it was quite a sight to see! Sixty-two kids were eating muffins and dropping crumbs everywhere, although a few kids seemed to prefer the paper to the actual muffin! These kids are a joy to be around, and I love taking pictures of them, although their constant waving results in a lot of pictures that would have been perfect if it weren't for the blur of a waving hand blocking the child's face. Another one of our tasks today, other than delivery the muffins and other staples, was to take sponsorship pictures of one of Viva's students who's an orphan being raised by her grandmother, who can no longer provide for them. A sponsor will cover her school fees and meals for about $20 a month, but there are many more children, so if you're interested in sponsoring a Viva child, or even an entire family, please check out Viva's website at
http://www.viva-sa.co.za/. (And if you do it while I'm here, I can take extra pictures of your child for you!)
I am going on a weekend outreach trip to Swaziland with a group from Hatfield Christian Church this weekend, so please keep the trip, our ministry, and our safety in your prayers. I have heard that Swaziland is an absolutely beautiful country, so I look forward to posting pictures for you all on Monday. Until then! Johanna
hi Johanna! we just read your updated blog. SO good to read and we love the photos! Just keep using the "You don't know my dad" line around the guys and you should be safe;) Praying for you!
ReplyDeletethe Langfords